The 2019 COMPPARE Workshop: Recruitment, Retention, and Maximizing COMPPARE, was held March 22-24, 2019, at the Ritz-Carlton in beautiful Amelia Island, FL. Thanks to everyone who attended!
As a result of participation in this activity, participants were able to:
- describe the value of the COMPPARE trial for filling the evidence gap in knowledge about best radiation treatment for prostate cancer and describe current best radiation practices.
- describe the eligibility requirements for participating in COMPPARE and will attain proficiency in the use of VISIONTREE, the web-based data accrual system.
- describe the underlying ethical and regulatory requirements governing human subject research and understand best practices in advocacy for the COMPPARE trial.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Suwannee River Area Health Education Center, Inc. is a Florida Board of Nursing approved provider of continuing education. CE Broker Provider ID #50-1922. This program meets the requirements for up to 12.0 contact hours.
- James L. Mohler, MD, Associate Director and Sr. VP for Translational Research, Roswell Park Cancer Institute: The importance of COMPPARE in the context of national guidelines
- Daniel Spratt, MD, Chair of Genitourinary Clinical Research and Director of the Spine Oncology Program, Rogel Cancer Center: Genetics and biology in prostate cancer
- Ahmedin Jemal, DVM, PhD, Vice President of the Surveillance and Health Services Research Program at the American Cancer Society: ACS prostate cancer demographics
- Curtiland Deville, MD, Clinical Director, Radiation Oncology, Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center at Sibley Memorial Hospital: Health disparities in prostate cancer
The COMPPARE Activation Workshop Agenda is now available!
The COMPPARE 2019 Workshop was sponsored in part by:
We also thank Matrix Machine and Repair, Inc., for their support.