2019 COMPPARE Workshop: Recruitment and Retention
All COMPPARE researchers and stakeholders are cordially invited to the 2019 COMPPARE Workshop: Recruitment and Retention, which will take place March 22-24, 2019, at the Ritz-Carlton in beautiful Amelia Island, FL. Please note that this is a NEW DATE.
Below you will find a hotel reservation link and a workshop registration form. In the new year, we will post a full workshop agenda and more information regarding events. We are so excited to discuss the progress our team has made over the past year and how we can move forward together to improve care for prostate cancer patients and their families.
We have reserved a block of rooms with a special rate for workshop attendees. Please make your reservations here: https://book.passkey.com/go/UFHealth2019. The Ritz-Carlton has graciously opted to extend the special rate from March 20 to March 25 for anyone who would like to make a vacation out their trip to Amelia Island.
As a result of participation in this activity, participants will be able to:
- describe the value of the COMPPARE trial for filling the evidence gap in knowledge about best radiation treatment for prostate cancer and describe current best radiation practices.
- describe the eligibility requirements for participating in COMPPARE and will attain proficiency in the use of VISIONTREE, the web-based data accrual system.
- describe the underlying ethical and regulatory requirements governing human subject research and understand best practices in advocacy for the COMPPARE trial.
Accreditation: The University of Florida College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit: The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Suwannee River Area Health Education Center, Inc. is a Florida Board of Nursing approved provider of continuing education. CE Broker Provider ID #50-1922. This program meets the requirements for up to 12.0 contact hours.
- James L. Mohler, MD, Associate Director and Sr. VP for Translational Research, Roswell Park Cancer Institute: The importance of COMPPARE in the context of national guidelines
- Daniel Spratt, MD, Char of Genitourinary Clinical Research and Director of the Spine Oncology Program, Rogel Cancer Center: Genetics and biology in prostate cancer
- Ahmedin Jemal, DVM, PhD, Vice President of the Surveillance and Health Services Research Program at the American Cancer Society: ACS prostate cancer demographics
Friday, 3/22: Welcome Reception at 6 pm
Saturday, 3/23: Workshop sessions and meetings from 8 am – 5 pm; Dinner at 7 pm
Sunday, 3/24: Workshop sessions and meetings from 8 am – 12 pm
COMPPARE Special Offers
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is offering COMPPARE attendees and their guests several special discounts:
- A 10% discount on the regular $199 round of golf as well as a 10% discount on the $69 club rental rate. Call 904-277-1100 to book and mention the COMPPARE Workshop to obtain the discount. Tee times must be booked 30 days in advance.
- A 15% discount on Spa and Salon services, 50 minutes or longer, as well as on retail items in the Spa Boutique. Call Leisure Services at 904-277-1087 or reserve online and include UFHPT15 in the Comments/Special Requests box.
Amelia Island Information
Known for its pristine beaches, excellent golf courses, fabulous shopping, and incredible seafood, Amelia Island is a world-class destination with a little something for everyone. While everyone will be working hard at the COMPPARE Workshop, we hope that you will have chance to enjoy this lovely Florida beach destination as well. Here are few links to help you plan:
- Welcome to Amelia Island
- VisitFlorida: Amelia Island
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Amelia Island State Park
- Fort Clinch State Park
The COMPPARE 2019 Workshop is sponsored in part by: